A neck lift, or a lower rhytidectomy can be the best way to contour your neck to look elegant in any dress you wear. Neck lifts are popular among millions of women to create smoother, slimmer, and more defined necks everywhere.
The entire procedure takes 3 hours to remedy any loose skin, extra fat, sagging, and any asymmetries you might have. It’s also great for reducing the appearance of wrinkles. If you’ve just completed a neck lift, make sure you have someone to escort you home because the procedure involves the use of anesthesia that will take a while to taper off.
Healing after a neck lift requires the proper knowledge and actions to ensure your procedure is an absolute success. Let’s explore the best methods to properly heal and recover after a neck lift.
- Don’t smoke before or after your procedure.
- Don’t drink alcohol after your procedure
- Don’t sleep with your head and heart at the same level
- Don’t use an ice pack directly on the neck. This can constrict blood vessels and cause serious problems.
- Don’t take long baths or showers that can aggravate your blood pressure
- Don’t engage in strenuous exercise for a few weeks
- Don’t twist or bend your neck in any manner
- Don’t wear clothing that needs to be pulled over your head or applies pressure onto the neck like turtlenecks
- Do take your pain medications when you need them everyday
- Do keep your compression garments or bandages firmly fastened onto your neck for a few weeks
- Do use pillows to bump up your head during sleep. Sleeping with your head above your heart will minimize swelling
- Do use sunscreen as much as possible to limit damage from the sun
- Do take a break from work for a week or two after your procedure.
- Do eat a balanced diet with plenty of fruits, veggies, and plenty of vitamin K and C to optimize healing
- Do wear loose clothing like cotton and tops that don’t need to be pulled over the head
- Do apply antibacterial gel and petroleum jelly as per your doctor’s recommendations and refrain from any massaging of the neck