Why Thigh Lift Surgery?
Thigh lifting is used to elevate, tighten and smooth the upper thigh by a variety of methods depending upon the desired outcome. Usually coupled with liposuction for sculpting, thigh lifting requires incisions that vary depending upon the areas of laxity. Houston Plastic Surgeon Robert Lee Steely MD is an expert in choosing which lifting procedure is best for you.
Who is a good candidate for the thigh lift procedure?
- EYou are a man or woman who experienced dramatic weight loss and your weight has stabilized.
- EYou are healthy without any medical conditions that may impair healing or increase risk of surgery.
- EYou are committed to a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and fitness activities.
Medial Thigh Lifting
- Crescent lift incision – hidden in the groin crease, this incision allows for tightening of the upper 1/3 of the thigh- while the most cosmetically appealing of the medial thigh lift incisions- it does little to help with laxity in the mid or lower thigh.
- Vertical thigh lift incision – this is an incision of varying length along the inside of the thigh. While harder to hide with short skirts and shorts, this incision allows for tightening the length of the inner thigh to the knee.
Lateral Thigh Lifting
Usually performed with an incision along the hip hidden within the underwear line, a lateral thigh incision helps hip/buttock, and upper thigh contour. The incision is of varying lengths.
Contact Our Office
Don’t hesitate to contact our office if you’re interested in learning more about thigh lift surgery. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Robert Steely will happily walk you through the entire process and answer any of the questions you have along the way. Your journey to the body you’ve always wanted begins with a consultation.