Silicone Implants are the most commonly used implants in the United States. There are a variety of options available and new implants are introduced every few years to meet the desires and needs of every patient.
What are your silicone breast implant options?
Read an article on Fox News entitled “What you need to know about breast implants”
SMOOTH ROUND SILICONE GEL
Cohesive silicone gel
FDA approved in 2006 without restrictions
Previously available for reconstruction patients and participants in adjunct studies
Most commonly used silicone gel implants
Gives the best combination of feel, look and fullness in upper pole of breasts
Multiple profiles available through each implant manufacturer
Mentor MemoryGel (moderate, moderate plus, high, ultra high)
Natrelle Silicone-Filled (Style 10-moderate, Style 15-midrange, Style 20-high, Style 40-moderate, Style 45-full)
SHAPED SILICONE GEL
Highly cohesive gel
FDA approved in 2012 (Sientra) and 2013 (Natrelle, Mentor)
“Teardrop” or “Anatomical” shape
Thicker textured shell
Has a firmer feel
Multiple profiles/shapes available through each implant manufacturer
- Mentor MemoryShape (Medium Height, Moderate Profile)
- Natrelle 410 (Full height/Moderate projection, Full height/Full projection, Moderate height/Moderate projection, Moderate height/Full projection)
- Sientra (Round Base/High Projection, Oval Base/Low Projection, Oval Base Moderate Projection, Oval Base/High Projection, Classic Base, Moderate Projection)
MemoryGel® Xtra Implants
Soft, Natural Feel Patients Desire
Increased Projection, Fullness and Firmness
Ideal for patients who desire more upper pole fullness
Three profile options -Moderate Plus, Moderate High and High Profile
Same cohesive silicone gel as Mentor MemoryGel implants
Introduced in 2018
MemoryGel® Xtra Breast Implants are part of the long-trusted MemoryGel Family
Candidates for Breast Implants
Good candidates for breast augmentation are patients in good overall health who are unhappy with the shape and size of their breasts. If your bodily contours are thrown out of proportion or you find that certain clothes don’t flatter your body well, then breast augmentation can help bring balance back to your look and dramatically improve your bodily contours. Patients should be in good physical health and have realistic expectations about the possibilities of the surgery.
Tips When Choosing Breast Implants
Selecting silicone breast implants is a significant decision that requires thoughtful deliberation to achieve the results you desire. Here are some essential tips to help you make an informed choice:
- Consult a Qualified Surgeon: You can start by consulting a board-certified plastic surgeon, like Dr. Steely, who has extensive experience in breast augmentation using silicone implants. His expertise is invaluable in guiding your decision.
- Understand Silicone Implants: Silicone breast implants are known for their natural look and feel. Be aware of the various options, including smooth or textured surfaces, and choose the one that aligns with your aesthetic goals.
- Size and Shape: Communicate your desired breast size and shape with your surgeon. He can recommend silicone implants that best match your objectives and body proportions.
- Consider Your Lifestyle: You must consider how silicone implants may impact your lifestyle. These implants require regular monitoring to detect potential ruptures.
- Risks and Maintenance: You must understand the potential risks associated with silicone implants, including the rare possibility of silent ruptures. Regular MRI screenings are necessary to monitor the integrity of the implants.
- Recovery and Follow-Up: Prepare for the recovery period after surgery and adhere to post-operative instructions diligently. It’s important to follow up with your surgeon regularly to monitor your progress.
- Choose a Reputable Provider: Ensure you select a trustworthy provider for your silicone breast implant procedure. Research their credentials and patient reviews to make an informed choice. Dr. Steely’s credentials make him highly qualified for your breast implant surgery.
How Much Do Breast Implants Cost?
The process involved during breast augmentation varies from patient to patient depending on their needs. Factors that can determine the cost include the size of the implant, the type of incision, and the overall complexity of the process. We’ll discuss the details of the procedure and the associated costs during your consultation.
Learn More About Silicone Breast Implants
If you’re interested in learning more about silicone breast implants in Houston, TX, contact our office to schedule your consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Robert Steely. Dr. Steely will gladly help guide you through the surgical process and address any questions or concerns you have along the way.