Why a Breast Lift?
- EIn performing a breast lift, Dr. Steely aims for natural-looking breasts that are as close to perfect proportional size and shape as possible, harmonizing with hips, shoulders, and waist for a unifying proportionate look.
- EThe breast lift procedure may be of interest to you if your breasts have lost elasticity, shape, and firmness due to pregnancy, nursing, or the force of gravity.
- EThe breast lift procedure involves raising sagging breasts and nipples to a higher, firmer position and reshaping them. Also, a breast lift can reduce the size of the areola, the darker skin around the nipple.
Your Breast Lift Consultation Surgery Consultation
A consultation with Dr. Steely will determine the best breast lift solution for your body type and personal goals. During your breast lift consultation, Dr. Steely will examine and measure your breasts. He will discuss your options based on your age, the size and shape of your breasts, and the condition of your skin – and whether or not an implant is recommended. As the nipple and areola will be moved higher, he will also discuss where they will be located after the procedure. Dr. Steely will prepare a specific plan for you and your body type.
Dr. Robert Steely specializes in plastic surgery and strives to deliver world-class breast lift (mastopexy) surgery in Houston, TX. Dr. Robert Steely can provide you with a beautiful and natural-looking appearance.
Breast Lift without Implants
If you have sufficient breast tissue and do not necessarily want to look bigger, just better, Dr. Steely can reshape your tissue area so that you get a breast lift with implant fullness, without implants. Using short incisions to minimize scarring, Dr. Steely can create a softer, fuller, naturally augmented breast by raising sagging breast tissue from underneath to the top of the breasts, reshaping them, making them fuller on top and forming cleavage.
Not incorporating implants and not requiring an overnight hospital stay, the breast reshaping breast lift is more economical. It is important to keep in mind that without implants, in many cases some size will be lost due to the nature of the breast lift surgery. It is also important to keep in mind that without an implant to help in shaping the breast, fullness in the upper pole of the breast (“up top”) is difficult to maintain over the long term in most patients.
Breast Lift with Implants
For patients with small breasts and insufficient tissue for breast reshaping only, or for patients with tissues that are difficult to shape with a breast lift alone, a breast lift with implants is an alternative solution. Patients that have implants along with their breast lift may also experience results that last longer.
Depending on your needs, body shape, and breast anatomy, Dr. Steely may use either saline or silicone breast implants. Both types are approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and come in a variety of shapes, surface textures, and sizes depending on the breast shape you desire.
Preparing for the Breast Lift Procedure
You will be provided with instructions in preparation for breast lift surgery, including guidelines on eating and drinking, smoking, and taking or avoiding certain vitamins and medication. Dr. Steely may recommend you have a mammogram to check for breast health and to serve for future comparison. Make sure you have prearranged for help and care after the surgery.
The Breast Lift Surgery
For your breast lift surgery, you will require sedation. Dr.Steely will choose from a variety of proven incision techniques, the best one for your specific needs. Whatever your situation, Dr. Steely’s goal is to use the shortest incisions to minimize scarring and optimize results.
The breast lift procedure typically takes two to three hours.
After the Breast Lift Procedure
- EYou will need to wear an elastic bandage or a surgical bra over gauze dressings for a few days until replaced by soft support to be worn for three to four weeks.
- EAlthough your breasts will be slightly bruised, swollen, and uncomfortable for a day or two, the pain should not be severe. Dr. Steely will prescribe medications to relieve any discomfort.
- EStitches will be removed after a week or two.
- EAny numbness in your nipples and breast skin usually fades as the swelling subsides over the next six weeks
- EAlthough you may be up and about in a day or two, don’t plan on returning to work for several days.
* You may resume light exercise after about two weeks, and after six weeks unrestricted activity is allowed.
Breast Lift FAQ
I want higher, perkier breasts, but I do not want a lift- can’t you just put in bigger implants?
Implants can only make your breasts fuller- not perkier. We see many women operated on by other surgeons who though putting in a bigger implant would solve their “droopiness” issues. After several months, they realize that all they have are bigger breasts- not perkier. They are still sitting low on the chest wall and only make them look heavy in clothes.
I want perkier breasts- but I am scared of the incisions. I have seen some horrible scars on the internet and I am not willing to have those scars for perkier breasts. What can I do?
We have also seen those horrible scars on the internet. Dr Steely is very proud of his scar results after breast lift surgery, and takes great pains to maximize your healing potential to give you the best incisions possible.
I want the “short scar ” lift. Can I have that?
Short scar lifts or periareolar lifts are great operations that minimize scaring while performing a lift, but every patient is not a candidate. Being able to get the results you desire greatly depend upon what your tissues are like now and what goals you wish to achieve. When you consult with Houston breast lift surgeon Dr R Lee Steely, he will formulate a plan that utilizes the smallest incisions possible.
How long does it take to heal after breast lift surgery?
While the recovery time to be back to work after breast lift surgery is just a couple of days, the time to see the final shape of your breasts is significantly longer. It takes several months for your breasts to shape and form as the healing process matures.
How much does breast lift surgery cost?
Pricing for breasts lift surgery varies widely depending on whether implants are needed, the type of incisions used, and the type of anesthesia necessary. Prices range from $7,000 to $13,000.